The Blick Center is looking for Home Supervisors to work in their residential services program.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION: The purpose of the Home Supervisor position is to provide residential team leadership, home supervision, and training/supervising of Residential Support Staff to ensure health and safety for all individuals in our Residential Program.
- Supervise the operations of the home.
- Averages 30 hours per week in the home for supervision, mentoring and direct care coverage.
- Maintains clients schedule of activities of daily living, appointments and community integration.
- Carries call phone five days per week to respond to questions and call offs.
- Supervises the direct care staff of assigned home.
- Provides coordination of client services for assigned home.
- Assures daily resident and home operation documentation is current, accurate, and legible. This will include MAR documentation.
- Coordinates and assures adherence to all resident services as identified by each individual’s service plan.
- Schedules and attends clients’ medical appointments as required. If unavailable, makes required calls to get assistance.
- Serves as a member of client’s ISP team and works cooperatively with all team members in order to maintain a positive work environment & meet the needs of the client.
- Ability to supervise staff providing residential services for program consistency, health and safety, and client progress.
- Skills in planning, scheduling, and maintaining budgetary constraints
- Knowledge of the team process, individual program planning and coordinating identified service needs for the resident.
- Skills in the use of behavioral systems including data recording, analysis, and evaluation.
- Skills in effective oral and written communication.
- Skill in negotiating and constructively resolving personnel conflicts.
- Ability to lead, mentor, and delegate while assisting home staff to fulfill their roles.
EDUCATION AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have a High School Diploma or G.E. D.
- College degree preferred.
- Prior experience in the field of providing services to individuals with disabilities.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Must have a valid drivers’ license with less than 6 points.