ESSENTIAL FUNCTION: The purpose of the Home Supervisor position is to provide residential team leadership, home supervision, and training/supervising of Residential Support Staff to ensure health and safety for all individuals in our Residential Program.
SUPERVISES THE OPERATIONS OF THE HOME
- Averages 30 hours per week in the home for supervision, mentoring and direct care coverage.
- Fulfills all job duties and responsibilities of Residential Support Staff (RSS) when needed to meet staffing needs.
- Assures clean, safe, and orderly home as evidenced by the Quality Service Review (QSR) scores and supervisory monitoring.
- Maintains client and staff schedules for activities of daily living, appointments, and community integration.
- Carries cell phone five days per week and responds within required times.
- Reviews, signs, and submits all required reports, ledgers, electronic time cards, etc.
- Holds monthly client meetings to ensure choices in menus and activities.
- Manages medications for clients in assigned home.
- Assures adherence to budget for the home. Allocates resources effectively.
SUPERVISES THE HOME STAFF
- Provides direction to staff in fulfilling all job duties, standards, and program requirements.
- Available to receive staff call offs, manage PTO and maintain staff coverage to ensure health and safety.
- Provides orientation and training to new staff during first working shift and completes Home/Individual Orientation Checklists.
- Provides coaching and mentoring to new employees at their own initiative with evidence that new employees have benefited from their assistance.
- Administers disciplinary action per policy up to recommendation for termination as needed.
- Conducts and documents staff meetings at least monthly.
- Notes changes in routines, intervention procedures, or other circumstances immediately in the home log and further documents as required.
PROVIDES COORDINATION OF HABILITATION SERVICES
- Assures daily implementation of client home schedules and community and home-based activities.
- Assures daily resident and home operation documentation is current, accurate, and legible. This will include MAR documentation.
- Coordinates and assures adherence to all resident services as identified by each individual’s service plan
- Schedules and attends clients’ medical appointments as required. If unavailable, makes required calls to get assistance.
- Serves a member of clients ISP team and works cooperatively with all team members in order to maintain a positive work environment & meet the needs of the client.
- Builds communication with parent/guardian. Responds quickly and appropriately to client/family/guardian feedback.
- Must be able to lift, push or pull up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to implement P.B.S.C.I. procedures.
- Work is performed in a residential home environment.
- Safety risks include potential violence of clients in crisis.
- Other safety factors are those related to normal house hold responsibilities, including cooking, cleaning and driving.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
o Special needs of clients with disabilities
o Agency Policy and Procedures
o Behavior Support Plans
o Individual Service Plans
o Documentation and Data Collection
- Has skills in:
o Written and oral communication
o Establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationships with clients and staff
o Problem solving
o Applying crisis intervention techniques and maintaining personal safety
o Stress management
o Safe driving with a good driving record
o Time management
o Working effectively under the direction of others
- Ability to supervise staff providing residential services for program consistency, health and safety, and client progress.
- Skills in planning, scheduling, and maintaining budgetary constraints
- Knowledge of the team process, individual program planning and coordinating identified service needs for the resident.
- Skills in the use of behavioral systems including data recording, analysis, and evaluation.
- Skills in effective oral and written communication.
- Skill in negotiating and constructively resolving personnel conflicts.
- Ability to lead, mentor, and delegate while assisting home staff to fulfill their roles.
EDUCATION AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have a High School Diploma or G.E. D.
- College degree preferred.
- Prior experience in the field of providing services to individuals with disabilities.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Must have a valid drivers’ license with less than 6 points.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: